Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Treat Your Lips with Jack Black and L'Occitane Lip Balms

For the longest time, my fiancĂ© refused to own any kind of lip balm. I repeatedly told him he didn’t know what he was missing (as I have to have at least two lip products with me at all times!). Then I heard about the infamous Men’s Jack Black Intense Therapy lip balm. I bought him the popular flavor “Natural Mint” and he doesn’t travel anywhere without it.
 
Now, even though this is a “men’s” lip balm, women still love it too. I have tried my fair share of lip balms in a tube and in the last few months have really loved using the Jack Black lip balm, especially the “Lemon & Chamomile” flavor. I also got my sister hooked on this kind!
 
Another one of my favorite lip balms in a tube is L’Occitane Shea Butter lip balm. L’Occitane has some great products, and this is definitely one of them. This not only moisturizes, but seems to soften the texture of your lips as well.

I like using Jack Black lip balm more when I'm out in the sun because it has SPF and the L'Occitane lip balm when I'm inside.
 
The pros of Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm:
·         It has a nice, thick gel consistency which lasts on your lips for a couple hours at a time
·         It has SPF 25
·         It comes in 7 different scents: Original Natural Mint, Lemon & Chamomile, Vanilla & Lavender, Grapefruit & Ginger, Black Tea & Blackberry, Mango & Mandarin, and Shea Butter
 
The cons of Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm:
·         Some of the scents are very strong, so make sure you smell the testers before purchasing
·         I wish the tube was a little bigger, it comes with 0.25 oz
·         You have to purchase at Sephora, Ulta, Nordstrom, or other department or beauty stores, drugstores do not carry Jack Black
·         It is $7.50 for a tube, but a tube should last a couple of months
 
The pros of L’Occitane Shea Butter Organic Lip Balm:
·         It has a slightly thicker texture than Vaseline
·         Softens and moisturizes lips
·         It comes in a big tube (0.5 oz)
 
The cons of L’Occitane Shea Butter Organic Lip Balm:
·         Currently, the only places I have found that sell this are L’Occitane online and boutiques and Nordstrom
·         I have to reapply after about an hour or two
·         It is $12 for a tube but should last for a long time
 

1 comment: